Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Sunday, January 10, 2010

UWBL - 1/09/2010

I am from Texas and we have word their that is actually a Spanish word, cohones. I will refrain from a definition but I will tell you that E, Weinacker, Giselle and Perry have big cohones.

P and I estimated the temp in low to mid 30's and falling toward the end of the ride. Coming back in we were into a 10 mph wind and it was brutal. The wind chill was below freezing.

I can not ride the B ride any more....just too hard. We were poorly lead, out 3:55(about an hour more that the A's). Here are my stats yesterday vs a previous A ride when GH was out:

A B
Normalized power 240w 245w
Avg HR 128 130
Max HR 155 153
Intensity factor .85 .87

We only had 25 people and half of them were soon dropped. The ride went 69 vs the scheduled 63 miles. You just could not hide.

Don't get me wrong, we had a good time and it was well worth(I am sick of the trainer) it but the last hour put us in near hypothermia.

I hope better weather is ahead!

RM

3 comments:

Bird said...

You would think that well coached veteran rider would have just done a 2hr tempo in such conditions.... but being from Texas........

This is why coaches do not like "group rides"....

On the hand..... you all "money in the bank" kicking off twenty-ten to a good year....

I look foreward to riding with you all soon....maybe Weds or Thurs????

Giselle said...

I think 2 1/2 hours max in that cold would have been plenty! It would have worked out well if the antsy bunch that went off with the "sprint" group (which was all but 6 of us!) didn't miss the turn, which was well announced. But you know how those things go...

The good thing was there was 5 of us to suffer there together, which made it much more palatable! Thanks to everyone who was there!

Perry said...

At the risk of sounding cliche, let's just say it was an "epic" day...