Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Sunday, January 17, 2010

RACE RESULTS

It was a perfect day in Houston today at 45-48 degrees and mostly sunny. We started at 7 putting us off at daylight. We were joined by daughter Tammy and her husband Jim.

Teenie was approaching it as a training run in make ready for the Downtown 5K next week. She did 2:o5 and looked like she had come off an eay run. Jim and Tammy were 1:51 and 1:53 respectively showing good general fitness.

You guys know, I was racing even though I had no specific prep for this distance. I felt very good throughout. At a U turn at 9 miles, I saw Shalane Flanagan commanding a big lead in the Elites. It was exciting as she won and set a course record! The win makes her the US Champion Half Marathoner.

I finished just under my Bold Goal at 1:41:50 (unofficial). Pacing was good and I felt very strong in the last 2-4 miles. Can you see me smiling?

There were 180 men in my AG and 11,000 overall in the Half.......I will report my finish rsults when they are up on internet!

RM

2 comments:

Giselle said...

Very cool! You are both just dialed right in!!! I'm glad it all worked out for both of you.

Lara said...

Great job! Recover well this week!