Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Downtown 5K

Saturday

Looks like Bird, Giselle and Perry will be leading an Assault on the UWBL pack! I heard Weinacker and KP would be with ya. Look out A Group. Hopefully some more of you guys will be out.

For any of you foot soldiers, the DT 5K is at 9AM. Lara? Tom?

Teenie and I will be at Team HQ at 8:15 and starting warmup promptly at 8:30. Let me know if you are coming! You must park off Main because the race comes right in front of HQ. Come early because 2500+ are expected.

We will run a cool down lap and come back and see you guys off shortly before 10AM.

Then we'll head back down to awards presentations and we won't be going to watch.

RM

PS. For you riders, if you wanted to witness the finish of teh 5K at Main and Broad, you can catch there 9:21:30AM.

4 comments:

Giselle said...

I still might join you if the weather is too cold or wet to ride...running is always more doable in such weather. Or perhaps I could do the 5K then jump in the UWBL and do what we did last week...any takers??

BTW, is it Teenie's or Randall's goal to do 21:30? I would love to be there to cheer you on!

Lara said...

I am thinking about the run on saturday... and a ride on sunday if anyone is going out.

Big Dog said...

My goal is 21:30. Let's see:
Warm up for 2 miles
Race 3.1 miles
cool dlwon 3.1 miles

I will pass on the UWBL

Bird said...

maybe you should do a transition training..... I could have your bike ready to go, so you can just add a layer, shoes, and a helmut and go.........