Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tree trouble


As veteran riders, we know the dangers or biking.....RIGHT! I was on my 5th interval and trip down River Road when a guy cut a tree down that was about 40 feet tall. The top fell in the road in front of me and I was on my TT bike in the aero bars. Never touched the brakes.
* Bruised and abrase elbows, knees and lip
* Badly bruised hip
* Pulled calf muscle
I rode away albeit slowly. My bike is making a loud noise but I do not want to look at it right now.
Add 'guy cutting down tree in front of you' to the list of dangers of bike riding.
See ya Saturday, I hope.

No comments: