Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Riverside Drive TT

The results for last Thursday's TT aren't posted yet, but as I remember we all rode well. Debbie placed first with a time of 32:18 and a new bike fit compliments of Giselle. She took a full minute off her time from last year on this course. We all talked about going to Giselle's house after the race and getting fit. KP was next for Team Headstrong, with a time of either 32:38 or 32:44, and there was an Asheville woman either right behind her or right in front of her. Weinacker was next at 33:53. Not sure if there were any other women in there before her. I was next at 33:55. It was my first time riding with aerobars, so with the help of my teammates I learned a lot about positioning and theory. In practice, it hurt, but it was fun and overall a great experience. Brady was next at 34:??. She didn't have aerobars but I think she was going to get some this week. I know we all were dreaming of TT bikes, skin suits, and those funny helmets you TT people wear. And I know we all left hungry for more. I'm not sure when the results will be posted, and I apologize if I got any of the times wrong.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks for posting E! I looked at my time from last years FBC and I was actually a minute slower this time....guess I can't handle the extreme aero position. Had fun hanging out with you girls.

Big Dog said...

Thanks for posting Em. I was anxious. These are good times based on your gear and where you are in TT adaptation phase. The fact you had FUN is the most important thing.

Giselle said...

I think it's a great sign that y'all enjoy TT's so much. It took me years to like them, so you are well ahead of the curve...

Perry said...

Great job ladies! Wish I could have been there...