Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Caesars Head Challenge

Well, it WAS a cookie ride.....a hard hot one at that. We were not racing it but you still kinda want to see how ya did so I looked at the times. I tell you, our women are just dominant in this part of the world:

100miles - KP - 1st woman to finish
60 miles - Gillespie 3rd/ Teenie 4th/ Lara 5th

Bird hung in on the 100 and was 15th to finish in a ride that saw about half the field quit or cut the ride short. He is really fit to take on La Marmotte in the Alps.

Mel looked great, doing some 90 miles and riding at the front of a little grupeto with Teenie, Lara and I for about 30 miles. He is really improving!

Me???........I had a good time dreaming I was George Hincapie while I was at the front for a couple of pulls and in the end, it was good to see Teenie pull away from me on the CH climb. I could see it coming in the last weeks. She has worked hard and it is good to see it pay off.

Fun deal!

CYA out there.

No comments: