Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 4/5 of Tour de Gelato

Day 4 was mixed day. Teenie and our friends from CA, headed for a flat ride out to Osolo. Dave and I went with our new guide, BRB (his real name is Bill and he ALWAYS uses the BIG RING...a 53, so I call him Big Ring Bill or BRB) to the mountains. It was a typical Italian day of 4 hours with 5000-6000 feet of climbing. Although, this is my 3rd time to this part of the world, I was on unfamiliar roads 90% of the time.

We made descent for 12k. 4k was about as wide as driveway and about 20%. I felt like a mountain biker. I got in the drops , pushed my butt off the back of the seat and gripped the brakes until my hands hurt.

Today, day 5, we rode 92K through wine country. It was grapes as far as you could see at points....just lovely. I drug up the rear but Teenie was back in form attacking the 100 or so small hills with BRB. Dave was looking a little tired. Teenie is looking good for the Strachiatella Jersey (This is a gelato flavor but in this case like the Yellow Jersey).

Heard it is hot in Gville....hope all is well.

Tomorrow is Dave's last day. he chooses the ride. We may Cima Campo......a 1.5 hour climb up the Brenta River, 120 k RT.

More to come, with pic I hope.

No comments: