Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Thursday, August 26, 2010

SCTAC

We have many people that are new to racing. I always say when you start something new, you need to find yourself. How do you do that?

Answer: Ask yourself the right questions.

One right question: Do I like to go to SCTAC and ride/race in the A or B group?

Most tough questions don't have black/white answers. However, if your feelings about going to SCTAC are not largely positive, it is highly likely you are not cut out to bike race. It is bike racing in the safest, simplest, most convenient and cheapest manner. I realize it can be intimidating to get started out there as I made my debut at Donaldson only a few years ago. I had hurdles to get over....big ones!

As the season has progressed, some of you have stopped coming to SCTAC altogether. I realize we all have lots to do and life gets in the way. While, I may be SCTAC biggest fan, I am not there every week. Your total absence, though, tells me that you may really not like to bike race.........this is not a bad thing, just something that must be understood.......what you REALLY like and want to do in cycling is what is important.

From another perspective, I will tell you that I do not know one successful bike racer in a 40 mile radius who does not frequent, what I laughingly call, the Tuesday World Championship. As a long time student of learning, I believe there are 10-12 reasons why SCTAC is vital to becoming a solid bike racer.

That is all a moot point if you don't like it.

We will be forming the TEAM for 2011 soon. We will be asking for commitments to racing schedules for 2011. One of the commitments for racers will be participating at SCTAC five times a year! Before you make such a commitment, take time to think about what you really want to do. What are your goals?

We plan on having people involved next year as members........this involvement will allow participation without as much commitment. Much more on this at the upcoming team meeting in September.

We are a racing team. We race road races, crits, TT's, mountain bikes and multi sport. Each of us approach all this with different emphasis and priorities. It is my desire to keep our focus as racing as opposed to just riding. We have had a great and fun year. I will be talking about next year with each of you individually in the next few weeks. I hope to discuss your goals and the team goals.

Our success will come from aligning those goals!

No comments: