Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Master's Crits and Other Thoughts

Well, G is at the beach with the Fam and Teenie is off to Hawaii with our grandaughter, Sam. I guess it is up to me for the final installment.

As for the results:
Giselle - 2nd - Perfect race but nabbed at the line.
Teenie - 13th - Seperated 4x from the field and fought back each time for field finish (13th).
RM - DNF - Pulled after being dropped with about 19 laps to go.

This was the most amazing week of competition. I would recommend this to take your game to another level. Next year, the race moves to Bend, Oregon.

G has established herself as a top teir competitior and Teenie and I are second tier. I can't say for sure if I will be there next year or not. The courses look to be those for climbers....am I a climber??

This type event is like a high stakes poker game. You might not win on your first attempts, but you will never compete unless you get in the game.

Many of the headstrong team members could have been very competitive. You know who you are. Once you ever wrap your mind around the possibility of a STARS and STRIPES jersey, it is tough to let go.

If you can dream it, you can make it happen.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Congrats to the team on great performances. We are so proud of you! I am hoping to put this event on my list next year.