Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Monday, February 8, 2010

Valley of the Sun

Well, the VOS is coming up this weekend. I checked the registration....18 guys in the 60+. Kenny Louder and Franz Hammer are in. These guys have been winning AG stuff for 20 years. I think Kenny is a past national champion?

Talked to coach Joe today and he ask how I was feeling about it. I said I really wished I had some team mates out here. Joe said one of his clients, Rob Walton, would be in the race.

Last year I met Rob when Teenie and came out to be evaluated. I ask Rob if he was retired and he said that he worked part time. I said I worked part time and ask him what he did. To which he answered, "I am the Chairman of Walmart." At least I can count on him riding a good bike!

No rest really this week....training right through. High intensity hill repreats and run (a brick) tomorrow.....a long day on Wed.

This is a training mecca. Sunshine everyday and 65F..........30% chance of rain means there is a 30% chance it might rain for 15 minutes after which the sun will come out!

I am talking winter training camp here every year!

We got E and Bird in the Race for Humanity in FL this weekend.........anybody racing anywhere else??

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Good Luck! Sam and I are doing the Charlotte short track on Sunday.

Big Dog said...

Looks like we are racing in 3 states plus the UWBL......not bad for new team!

Perry said...

I am racing the Tundra Time Trial in Atlanta this weekend (C race for me).

Big Dog said...

Make that 4 states!!

Bird said...

Rob likes to fly to races in his private jet... and by the way .. he is the real deal on the bike...
at least back in the "day"

Good luck at VOS. More snow and freezing rain at the lake... Not really in race shape but what the heck.... leaving for Florida on Friday.

Perry good luck at Tundra.. They have changed the course a bit due to a wash out on the Silver Comet.

Big Dog said...

Maybe Rob will want ot be on TEAM headstrong next year? We need some good riders!