Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Friday, February 26, 2010

RACING THIS WEEKEND

We are packing tonight for Phoenix and the Desert Classic Duathlon on Sunday. This is one the largest Du's in the country. Last year, 6 of my AG nationally ranked competitors showed up. I am excited but really wishing I was there to share this weekned with you guys. We had planned to be there but the GTST was rescheduled and moved up a week after we already had our house deal done out here.

You are probably like me in your prep. I have reviewed the rules, the course, the topography. I have seen the past winnning times. I realize my current level of fitness. I have BOLD goals for each split (I want 22mph on the bike.....bad!). I know how fast I need to go on the bike up some long grades (20 mph). The run is a wild card....we are runnng on smooth desert trail? It is going to be 51-53F and raining during the race. My clothes are laid out. I have trash bags to keep my stuff as dry as possible and to keep us warm prior to race. I have thought through the transitions and what I will wear on each split.

We will be on the course tomorrow and picking up our packets. We will be mostly resting besides the travel and packet pick up. Eating right for prerace will be the program.

When it comes to all this...I've been here many times before. Teenie has gone through all the same paces. She has her game face on!

All that is left is the race. This will be my 7th time out this season but first 6 were C races including the Houston Half. This is a B race. I have tapered this week and usual for a taper, I have some nagging pains. I will leave all those pains behind on Sunday morning. Make no mistake, I expect to be on the podium by about 11:00AM MST. Regardless, I won't leave anything on the course. It will be a max 1:47, heart pounding, legs screaming, on the verge of puking, effort.

I know you will be laying the same type efforts down at Fork Shoals and Donaldson. Strangely enough, that thought provides strength to me? I AM VERY PROUD TO BE ON OUR TEAM.

Good luck and be safe and above all....HAVE FUN!

2 comments:

Bird said...

Good luck, race well, and have a great time.

It will be just abover freezing for the start tomorrow for the 45+ race at Fork Shoals, but after watching the winter Olympics this week... it just makes you want to get out there and DO SOMETHING....

Bird

Kristen Weinacker said...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH! YOU ARE READY! KILL THE COURSE! I AM SO PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS TEAM! IT WAS AN AWESOME EFFORT TODAY AT FORK SHOALS, 7 of us in the pack sprint. HEADSTRONG!