Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Today's UWBL

It surprised me last night when they mentioned that the UWBL was on for today, as earlier in the week, they were calling for sleet. After a long day sifting throught the team clothing order (kits look fabulous, btw!) I wasn't too excited about doing it, and the weather looked like it would hit 40° at the warmest.

This morning when I woke, the rain had stopped, and it was already 40°...no excuses now. I called Jon, KP and Perry to see if they were "in", but no takers: two out of town, one car shopping. I understand Elizabeth and Weinecker were doing the B ride, and was very tempted, but ended up sucking-it-up and doing the A's. Joe was there sporting the new kit looking fabulous, riding with his amazingly fast and talented daughter, Cynthia. It was a perfect distance at around 80 miles. I swear I never saw my speedometer below 22mph, and it was mostly up around 25+. I don't know the end result, as my computer somehow messed up (max speed listed as 144 mph!), but jumping in and out at Greenville Memorial had me with a total ride time of 3:35. It started to rain a little before the second sprint zone making things a little too slick for my liking, but fortunately it stopped, only to return again a little heavier in the last 10 miles, but what the heck...we were almost done! All in all, a good ride! Wish you were there...

5 comments:

joe said...

Giselle you were awesome yesterday. You girlied a lot of men. I had by far my best ride ever, falling back only on the first tracks. I am starting to think I can do this. My adrenaline was pumping when we got back to the store. Today I feel dead. Oh what the heck!

Giselle said...

As far as I saw, you were right there, Joe! The "finish sprint" was way up the road for a select few, and the rest of the group was spread out for about a mile behind, which included you and me and the other 95% of the A group. Also, it was very sensible (to me) to slow down over those wet tracks coming in...I have a hunch the guys in the finish sprint didn't...The UWBL World Championship was on the line! :)

Big Dog said...

Great job guys. You are really both showing great fitness in hte early season. Your base looks good. Giselle, you are setting the stage to attain some big goals this year. joe, i feel you are going to be one of the Male Masters leaders!

Debbie said...

Giselle, I'm afraid to see how fast your going to be after all these base miles......you were too fast before. Joe, have you done every WBL? Hardcore!!!

Giselle said...

I hope your right, Debbie...we'll see if I can turn this fitness into a lead out for you sprinters! That will be the biggest challenge of all!