Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Thursday, February 25, 2010

GO HARD - GO EASY

We spent a lot of time with Coach Joe out here and it has been very valuable. We were riding together on Tuesday. I am about 8 weeks from my A race...Du Nats. Joe says now that I will be going really easy or really hard.

Tuesday was an easy day - We did about 3 hours. One hour of running and 2 of biking. Joe set the pace on the easy ride. I was yawning. My avergae heart rate was 104! He said we were only:
* maintaining fitness
* stimulating recovery
* getting use to my TT bike

Wednesday we went hard - 2 hours on the TT bike.
* 5x8 minute intervals at threshold
* 1x20 minute at tempo
* jump off and run 15 minutes at tempo

I was really hurting. I dont know where you are in your season but if you are near a peak or getting yourself race ready, there might be a message for you in this?

If you are 'just riding', you might think about honing your efforts and 'training'? It takes a little more to be a champion!

No comments: