Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Green Light/Yellow Light/Red Light

A few years ago, Teenie taught at a couple Ironman Clinics held by World Class Ironman, Heather Goldnick.   As you might imagine, world class people become world class athletes.   Here is what I learned from Heather as a clinic participant:

Heather always knows when she is training/racing what 'light' she is on.

Green Light - This is all go.  She is training or racing 'all out'.   Focus is on her goals, short term/intermediate/long term.

Yellow light - She is training or racing at a reduced rate.  Injury, equipment, etc is slowing her down.  Focus is on getting to GREEN.   Get the problem fixed and quick! If she can get to green, she can win!

Red Light - She is stopped.  Injury, illness,  personal problems and/or equipment have halted all progress.   Focus is totally on getting to GREEN.  Forget the the training ride, race being missed or the fact that peleton just rode away.   Think of one thing, getting the 'wheels back on'.

I have been on yellow light since CAMP.  I made some mistakes still focusing on the big goals.  Today, the light turned RED and thank goodness for Heather.  

Right now, I have dental issues, my Dad (86) is very sick and the green monster (also known as the mocus) has dropped me like a like a rock.   Yea, I know, some people have real problems!  Teenie says, "My feet stink and Jesus doesn't love me."  It ain't all that bad but the light is RED.

I have one thing on my mind and it's color is GREEN.   My RAS (Reticular Activating System) was on tonight  and it caught a TV add for minuteclinic.com .  I am there in the AM.  I am on total rest.  Talked to my Bro and we have a 'next action' with my Dad.   I have a dental appointment in Greenville next week.  

 You'll see me out there soon....I will be the guy on GREEN Light.

#12 Marginal Improvement

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Praying for your dad!

The Hoods said...

Hope you feel better soon.

emily wood said...

All the best with dealing with the difficult stuff of life. I have no doubt you'll be green (not mucus green) in no time. Meanwhile, I'll be sending healing vibes your way. Emily

Giselle said...

Go Green!