Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Continuing Along the Lines of Mental Training...

One of my greatest teachers (in addition to Randall...really), is Lou Tice of The Pacific Institute.  He is the best presenter I have ever had the opportunity to watch and learn from.  We worked 'together' on-and-off for 20+ years and I still recommend his/their curriculum, should you ever have the good fortune to participate.  I also recommend Lou's live seminars--although I recently heard he is on sabbatical due to a throat illness.  How sad.  

His wife, Diane, is a gem and inspiration in her own right.  A stage-4 cancer survivor, she utilized the concepts that she and Lou taught to millions each year through affiliates, like me, and is cancer-free (read: cured), maybe 20 years, later; she still thrives.  They fostered and adopted 11 children.  3 severely abused young boys (heads flushed down toilets, shot at, burned, etc., etc.), and dealt with the trials and tribulations of life and raising these children.  No one is immune.  They entertained and coached such dignities as President Vincente Fox (Mexico), the president of Ghana, the president of Guatemala (Oscar Berger), Coach Pete Carol of USC, and others, too numerous to list (see website).  

In working with Lou throughout these decades, I've learned the importance of my thoughts.  I've learned that as life deals us challenging curve balls that are so often out of our control, that the only thing we really can control is our thoughts.  And I've learned that my current thoughts do determine my future and that my physiology is attached to these thoughts.  So if I want different results, I must think in a manner that promotes such.  Below is a clip from The Winners Circle Network (WCN) that Lou/The Pacific Institute send out daily. Enjoy it.  And if you'd like, sign up.  It's free:    http://mailman.wolfe.net/mailman/listinfo/wcn

Winner's Circle Network with Lou Tice - 2/7/12 - "The Secret of Success"

Today we are going over the secret of success, in one word. And, I am going to guarantee it. One word, I promise.

For over 40 years, I have been studying success. Some of the most successful people in the world have been my students, and I, in turn, have learned a great deal from them. I have also spent a lot of time in the company of some of the world's most respected research psychologists, talking about what makes some people succeed and others collapse - the difference, in short, between the cans and the can-nots, the do's and the do-nots.

And after all these years of study and research, I can tell you one thing with the utmost confidence: the secret of success is "Attitude." That's it. And it is really not a secret. People who succeed do not have fewer problems than other people. They do not start out with the most brainpower or better parents or more money, either.

As a matter of fact, sometimes they start out working against incredible odds. But they have a way of looking at things, a way of seeing obstacles as possibilities, a way of hanging in there and making the most of every opportunity that almost guarantees success. If you are running up against an unexpected challenge, do an attitude check. Ask yourself, "Am I not seeing the way around, because of an attitude?"

You are successful - and flexible, optimistic and hardworking. So if you want to sum it up in a word, it is not difficult to do: success is a question of attitude.


Lou Tice
The Pacific Institute
www.thepacificinstitute.com

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

WOW! I love this and completely believe this statement! I have always worked towards a positive attitude and looking at the world as a glass half full!!! I also find that other people react to your attitude and therefore it is literally contagious, so if you reflect a positive attitude, others will associate that with you and will reflect it back to you! Great wisdom:) Thanks, Teenie!!

Big Dog said...

Lou Tice has been one of the 4-5 most influential people in my life. He is the greatest teacher I have ever known.

Sam said...

From the Pacific Institute CD (which I listen to every few weeks), "I am completely self-determined". I love that line. Thanks for posting this Teenie.

Giselle said...

Great stuff, Teenie!

Perry said...

Great post.