Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Friday, February 17, 2012

Dreaming of Leadville.......

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got into the Leadville 100 mountain bike race. I am so excited, and more motivated than I have ever been (it's hard not to be). I will be racing my road bike on a few rare occasions, so I haven't totally abandoned you. I plan on starting a separate blog about all things Leadville. Stay tuned.......

7 comments:

Kristen Weinacker said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Esp. after watching Race Across the Sky just recently. What a ride, what a ride! You can tell your children years to come! :)

Perry said...

What a great opportunity! I know you will make the best of it. and I look forward to reading your blog.

Beth said...

That is so cool Debbie. It's very exciting. What a goal to have!!!

Bird said...

congrats Deb..looks like some serious training is in order....let me know when you want company on your long rides (Jim Beth and I are doing 3.5-4 mtn bike rides each week).

do you know Jana Glover?

Debbie Gillespie said...

Yes, I know her. She got in too, I hear. I usually do a 4+hr ride on the weekend. Let me know if you guys want some company. I am flexible during the week also.

Big Dog said...

Gillespie, you have dared to dream big on this and I hope the rest of the team will contemplate your bold action. 'IF YOU DREAM IT, YOU CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN.'
My money is on you. I can't wait to hear your goals for the event!

Giselle said...

Wow! Great! Fantastic! Perfect! Awesome!

What's even better is that now I might be able to keep up with you on a mtb ride if you're doing your "12 hour pace"! Maybe...well...probably not...

Cogradulations girl!