Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Team Ride

I will let somebody else BLOG on the 2010 Season Party.

This morning, fourteen TEAM headstrong members along with Steve Baker, Steve Sperry and Jeni Kleckley joined in for a winter ride. We were all bundled up and decided to abort the planned sprint skills training due to cold/standing around. Actually after changing the route, the day proved warmer than expected.

We really had a great winter ride. We kept the pace low to work on endurance, worked on pace line skills, talked and learned about each other on and off the bike. We also had fun......I think that is the reason we do this bike racing thing??

Ok.....if you missed this one, there will be about 40 more! Check the blog for TRAINING RIDES.

See ya out there.

Oh, I almost forgot. You know how we do this silly knick name thing? Well, Shake and Bake is no longer something you dunk chicken in or a great basketball duo. You guessed it, it is none other Sam and Steve. Right, we all know who Bake is!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

OH, how I missed this ride and the fun! After fighting deep fatigue all week, I aborted the Paris Mt. 11K trail run (Kim Morrow, my running partner aborted as well and we were smart to do so as there were some terrible spills on the icy, slick roots that were covered by leaves,) to sleep for a much needed 10 hours straight!! I ended up running on my own and then yesterday, Sunday, I ran the Race 4 Ecquador held at CCES and was 2nd Female overall!! It was a gorgeous day for running and I hope to see you all on the bike soon!!!!

Giselle said...

It was great seeing everyone again! It always seems warmer riding with friends.