Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Friday, November 19, 2010

MILKING THE COW


For those of you who don't know, I'm feverishly training for my first marathon. This is something that has been on my bucket list for a couple of years, along with learning Spanish, and milking a cow. (Yes, I from the South, and have never milked a cow). I am using the book Run Less, Run Faster for my training plan and have just completed week 3 of training. Each week I complete 3 quality runs, a sprint workout, a tempo run, and a long run. The TEAM headstrong blog encouraged me to create my own blog, one detailing the ups and downs or training and ultimately completing my first marathon. I have really enjoyed online journaling. I have 2 followers, both of whom I know. I write the marathon blog not for the billions of readers around the world who read it religiously every day, but for me. My blog is a selfish blog, one meant to chronicle my perspective, my journey.

What is my goal? My ultimate goal is to be healthy and safe as a I train and complete my first marathon. I have talked to Lara Shaw about running and setting goals. So, if I may be inclined to share, my goals are:

1. To start the marathon on March 5th in Albany, GA
2. To complete the marathon on March 5th in Albany, GA
3. To Boston Qualify.......

There, I said it, I put it out there for the world to see, to contemplate, to judge. I put myself out there. AWESOME. The last goal dances and twirls in my head constantly. I wake to this goal, I eat for this goal, I lose sleep for this goal.

I encourage each of you to think about creating your own blog to share if you are training for something special. Sharing your goals, your ups and downs, your very livelihood creates relationships beyond measure. And, to be very cliche, it is not about the destination but the journey. I hope one day I can share how Weinacker milked a brown cow and received an utterly good surprise, chocolate milk :)

You can follow me or not at:

http://www.weinackersachillesheal.blogspot.com/

BLOG ON!!

4 comments:

Big Dog said...

Please take care on this program. The ramp is fast. I am foll
owing you. Good luck.

Perry said...

A mi me gusta tu noticia...Que tenga suerte chica!

Kimberly said...

I, too, have followed the same plan for a marathon... RM is right, the ramp is fast. Best wishes. You can do it!

kristi said...

Love you and am super proud!!--Rock on girl, rock on!

ps My brother has a dairy farm in Indiana--I am thinking ROAD TRIP--We wouldn't want milking a cow to have to stay on that bucket list too long!!