Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What we think about , we bring about!!

Teenie has been talking to us about goals for 2011 and that is very appropriate for this time of year.

Our daily thoughts are very important as well. The next couple of months, I think about the season, the races I will do, the training, the success, the effort and the fun. I have disciplined myself to have thoughts of success. I worry very little if at all.

Now, some see the Maddox's as really positive people, I hope. We are positive but there is much more to what Teenie teaches than just 'staying positive'. She teaches how the mind works.

What I have learned from her is that my current thoughts determine my future. If you could crack open my head(and it was not empty) and get out my thoughts, you could foretell what would me happening to me in about 6-12 months. I think you are that way as well. Our fore thoughts are actually goals!

You see the issue? If I am worrying, I am visualizing negative or bad outcomes. Therefore, worry is just like negative goal setting. If I think about bad stuff happening, it likely will. I still do this some but when I catch myself, I take immediate action. When I was new to this stuff, I would try to reason with myself but no more. Today, when I find myself in worry, I just replace the thoughts with pictures of success in the future.

Controlling my forethought has played a powerful role in my life and in bringing me the things I want. You see, it brought me you. I thought for over one year about TEAM headstrong, starting it, the fun we would have, the people I would race with and hang with, the laughter and the success.

If Teenie is right and our current thoughts determine our future, then the best question is: What are YOU thinking about TODAY? Is it what you want for life in 6-12 months on and off the bike?

See you out there.

RM

1 comment:

Giselle said...

Thanks for posting that, Randall. This is wisdom that will help us everywhere in our lives.