Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Friday, October 29, 2010

Looking forward to the coming season...

Hi everyone. My season substantially wrapped up this year with a hard day at Ironman Louisville. I wrote a few thousand words about my experience and posted it here for those of you on Facebook. Be warned...it's a little heavy. The day did not go as expected.

I have enjoyed a few months of relaxed riding and no real "training". For the coming year my primary focus and training will be geared towards road racing. Plans are laid and I am excited about returning to purposeful training very soon. I am also excited about being a part of the TEAM. Thanks for the invitation.

4 comments:

Perry said...

Ray,

I just read your account of the race. Not only did you put it all out there on the course, but you bared you heart and soul in the narrative. You are truly an "IronMan". I can relate to your year on many levels,and I look forward to riding with you this year...

Big Dog said...

Sorry I just cannot get handle. Facebook.......just to much tech coming at me. These docs can be saved on Google Groups as well, Bird can show you if you cannot get there. Teenie said your story was great!

Big Dog said...

Ray, I finally got into Facebook. Your story touched me. It brought back emotions I had felt in a similar situation. I guess I am saying I flet your pain and joy. Thanks for this gift.

Giselle said...

Very moving story, Ray...in many ways. Thank you.

And, of course, welcome to the team! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!