Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gone Fishin'


I was off the bike last week for 5 days. I went to TX on biz and did a little side visit with my Dad. In the past, I called him Paul, his first name. Teenie started calling him Pops a few years ago and that felt good. Pops and I went fishin' on Lake Belton. It was a beautiful day and while the fishin' was good, the catchin' was pretty slim. We got two keepers.

About half way into the afternoon, with the sun warming, I dozed off. Between short cat naps, I sort of just let my mind wander. At one point, I said, "Pops, we've been fishin' together on this lake for 40 years." (I wondered how it could have passed so fast?) Pops said, "About that." Maybe 40 years did not seem quite so long to him?

When we got in, Teenie reminded me it had been 47 years.

Pops is 85 and plays golf about 3 days a week and still fishes often. Guess that is where I got it?

3 comments:

Perry said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Kristen Weinacker said...

Glad you had an awesome time with your Pops! Thanks for sharing! :)

Kimberly said...

That is just awesome! He looks like he is having a blast and totally relaxed!