Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kimberly Morgan Joins TEAM headstrong!

Dear Future Teammates:
It is with great excitement that I accept your invitation to join such a dedicated and skilled group of athletes. I watched you ALL during the 2010 season and was very impressed with your performances and your work ethics, but most importantly, your support and encouragement of each other. I will be joining at the "Membership Level" in hopes to ride and train with you, learn from you, support you, and celebrate with you throughout 2011!! As you know, I am fairly busy when certain "events" roll into Greenville, and I appreciate you all extending me the invitation for the second time:) Currently, multisport has my attention and my curiosity is perked by the possibilities of combining 2 of my passions: running and cycling (and in that order, as well.) In 2010, I completed my first ever Sprint Triathlon in a little over an hour and would have won the "Novice" category had I had enough sense to even sign up for the "Novice" level! HA! (Can you be too new??) I also won my AG in my first ever (and only this year) Duathlon!! So, with 2011, comes more miles and a new focus! I read over and completely agree with the Team Guidelines and look forward to seeing you all very soon!!

Kimberly Stokes Morgan
CCES Conceptual Physics Instructor
Team Headstrong!!
USA Professional Cycling Championships Volunteer Director '06-'12

3 comments:

Perry said...

Welcome! 2011 is going to be a great year, and I look forward to having another multisport athlete on the team...

Giselle said...

Welcome, Kimberley! It sounds like you are off to a fabulous start in tri/duathlon! I don't think it's a "newbie" error to enter into your age-group vs. novice in triathlon or duathlon if you've ever been competitive in any of the individual disciplines. You did the right thing.

Kristen Weinacker said...

I'm SO SUPER EXCITED!! INVITATION #2 well worth it, glad you decided to join 2nd time around! I'm really looking forward to riding AND running with you!! THANKS FOR THE POST!!