Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Monday, January 16, 2012

View from the back.... Team training ride

The Saturday morning chill of 30degrees did not deter 14 of us from heading out on a Team ride to Possum Kingdom and some quiet roads.  Bake, OTF, Emily, Myrick, Catherine, Joe, Brandon, Mel, Ray, DS, Teenie, Adam Maddox, and Brandon Lee all set off for what was to be a "tempo" group ride... Tempo for me means Zone 3 with some short duration efforts..nothing too taxing....

But in following my monologue on group ride etiquette Friday evening I failed to explicitly state that, and just say it will be a tempo ride where we all stay together....

Bird said "it is OK to go off the front"... and some did ...
Bird said "it is OK to jump up the hills"  and some did ....
Bird said "it is OK to sit in"  and the smart ones did
Bird said "it is OK to let them go" and the smart ones did
Bird said "60+ miles 3+ hours".... and it was ... well closer to 4hrs

Fun day.. great ride....great team...   and here's to Adam for suffering through to the end and for Brandon Lee in joining us ....

.not sure the chart below says it was a Z3 ride (the average effort mathematically... but....)


I would like some feedback on the ride... time, efffort, etc....so let me hear from you.....

5 comments:

Brandon Rudin said...

It was great to be out with the new team. I'm glad that it is ok to jump some hills and go off the front then regroup. Can't wait for the next ride in Tucson.

Sam said...

You're towing us in Tucson, Brandon. I've packed the bungee cords :)

@sbaker864 said...

I thought the team ride Saturday was a good one. I think everyone had a good time and everyone got what they wanted out of the effort. I do think it's good when the team rides "together" on these rides, so I would encourage a limited number of efforts and more unity and bonding. I think it worked out well this weekend.

Giselle said...

I was parked behind HQ looking for my phone, gloves, keys, etc. trying to hurry when y'all probably left. So over to CT I went to try to catch the UWBL, which didn't leave for another 10 minutes...

Sorry I missed.

Giselle said...

Bird! You did all that zone 4 "from the back"??? I don't think so...