Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Sunday, June 19, 2011

What a Weekend?


Seven podium finishes in three venues this weekend! Wow! But, this was the real highlight for me:

We (Joe, Ray, Cin, Teenie, Perry, Linz and me) rolled from Furman at 7AM, in a two by two pace line. The last year has brought serious changes in the TEAM and it was highlighted today. Setting an 18+ MPH pace to Caesar's Head, it almost felt like ART. We moved easily and swiftly in rotation. No words spoken to guide the pack. Everyone was taking turns on the front. Each knew the pace that was working and we rode handle bar to handle bar. Have I told you our women are awesome?

At CH, we went our own pace up the climb to the Ranger Station. Joe, Ray and Teenie set PR's.....Joe did 39:45. That is fast!

We regrouped after the ascent and again settled in a fast pace, two by two. For a very long time, Cin and Teenie rode the front with Joe and I behind them respectively. Joe and I did not comment but I am sure he shared my joy. Even though we were moving quickly, they talked and laughed.......I could not hear the conversation but I thought it was wonderful that a 20 and a 53 year old could have cycling and other things in common. I realized today that our TEAM, transcends age, gender and winning bike races.

Perry commented about many points of joy in the ride..........maybe you just had to be there?

I almost missed another point of joy. Cin is leaving in early July for 16 days in Europe with the USA Cycling Devo Team.

58 miles
3800 ft of climbing
3:37 on the bike
A butt load of fun!

Hope to see you out soon.

Next Saturday is another chance!!!!!!

4 comments:

Perry said...

Sunday was one of the most enjoyable rides I've ever done...thanks to everyone who participated.

joe said...

It really was awesome, hard and fun. When do you get that all together?

Kristen Weinacker said...

Randall, completely agree about when you said that the TEAM transcends age, gender, etc. I love that about this TEAM! I smile thinking about all the unique team members and how we get along so well. Working hard together is fun. Glad you all had an awesome ride!!

Kimberly said...

Sounds like an awesome day all around!!! So glad you posted this!