Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Le Metier.... a good read..

"Over the hundreds of thousands of kilometers I've ridden, I've slowly come to realize why my desire developed and became an obsession.  Without it, I struggle.. I am anxious, unfocused and tense.  Cycling has become spiritual, as it is a passion that I can pursue in the natural environment.  I can pedal away angst, find calm and clarity with the rhythmic motion and freedom.  The commitment gives me a focus; the love gives me panache.  Whether it is pedaling to victory or training in the mountains, I find peace."

Michael Barry, Le Metier: the seasons of a professional cyclist

1 comment:

Big Dog said...

Great ride, Joe. Thanks for your leadership.