Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Monday, September 5, 2011

Bend - Post Nats

Monday -  The TEAM pulled out this morning leaving Teenie and I in the big empty house.   I remember feeling like this after our last child left home.   It is OK, just quiet.

We had wonderful dinner with 10 members of Sam's family, who supported us all week.   We had our own room at 900 Wall, a great downtown eatery.   During the dinner, most shared by completing the following:
"What I feel like saying is......."

After a week of great emotion, the thoughts were heart warming.  

We came to Bend with Bold Goals.  Most of those goals were not achieved and I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes:
"Is it not better to aim your spear at the moon and hit only an eagle than to aim at an eagle and hit only a rock?"

While we did not hit he moon, we most certainly hit an eagle.   The most powerful things were not our accomplishments but our failures and how we handled them.   As I have shared many times, I feel this is the mark of a champion.   The ability to bounce back after being knocked down.

In fact, that is really what life is about.   You just need to get up one more time than you get knocked down.

I will confess, this week confirmed my love for the TEAM and the members.   Teenie joins me in that devotion.

We will be doing an autopsy on the whole thing once the air clears.   I can only tell you that Teenie and I are already brainstorming about our return to Bend in 2012.

A special thanks to Steve Baker.   He exceeded the expectations I stated earlier in a Blog post.   He was awesome!  

For now, let's take some time away from racing.   Let's ride, mountain bike and cross train.  We have had long and very successful season.   Let's recharge!

 

2 comments:

Giselle said...

I am so proud to be your teammate!

Here's to next year!!!

Brian said...

Cant wait to hear the stories. To be present and competitive at the national level is huge. Congrats to all! I'm Proud to wear the same kit.