Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Monday, September 12, 2011

282 Swamp Rabbit Trail

With season over, it took me all of one day to get my mountain bike out.   I am pretty averse to putting a bike on a car so I have been investigating urban opportunities.

With the help of our new team mate Brandon Lee, the trails at Cleveland Park are expanding.   Teenie and I did a loop (40 minutes) down there this AM and then headed out the SRT.  Teenie had spotted a potential trail at marker 282.  I thought maybe we would find a few hundred feet of ridable trail?

Surprise!  There is a pretty cool little network of maybe a few miles of single track.   It connects to a motor cross track that we can ride also.   Next I want to investigate marker 304 but I did not have enough time today.  I think this will connect to a dirt rode that parallels the SRT under some power lines??  Not sure

Please check this out.   These trails will improve if ridden more.

I am going to develop a route that will allow us to ride completely 'off road' for as long as possible.   It will utilize sidewalks, single track, park and SRT.  I think this can be pretty interesting (obviously not technical) and can substitute for all those easy road bike type rides!  I think ride can be as long a 2-3 hours.

NEXT RIDE WILL BE WEDNESDAY MORN........let me know if you are interested?

1 comment:

Ray Freeman said...

This is good news. I was thinking about trying this out one night after work. This sounds like it will be great riding in the dark with lights this winter...