Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Sound of a Champion


I have always thought of seeing champions but this week, I heard one. Teenie, Linz and I set out to do 4x6 minute Z4 intervals(redline pace) with 2 minute rest intervals. We chose a loop off Rancho Vistoso.....a famous road out here. It was about 8 miles and we would just keep going until complete.

We warmed up on the way over and started at the same time and same point. The terrain was rolling and with my power and my TT bike vs Teenie and Linz on their road bikes, I was suppose to get way out in front. When complete, I would ride back toward them and likely pick up Linz and then Teenie.

I hammered through the intervals, actually exceeding threshold in the last 3 and then sat up. That is when I heard gears shifting down right behind me. At first I thought, "How could some one come off a side street and over take me?" Then I heard a familiar voice ask, "That is 4 isn't it?"

It was Linz and she had kept up with me on her road bike........ those gears changing was my very first time to hear what A CHAMPION SOUNDS LIKE!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Having known Lindz ("Little Bit" to me,) for 20 years, this comes as no surprise:) Love it!!

Giselle said...

I'm not the least bit surprised, either!

Sam said...

Me neither. She's another rocket! SO glad she's on our side :)