Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Carla Swart

It pains my heart to hear that such an athlete has fallen......   My thoughts go out to Lees-McRae cycling, her family and Cinthia.   Carla was a truly outstanding athlete with an incredible future ahead of her. 

Live life to the fullest every day......

3 comments:

joe said...

It is so sad.

Kristen Weinacker said...

I couldn't believe it when I read this post and immediately went to the USA cycling website. This is terrible news. Carla lived passionately, giving 120% to overcome obstacles, to excel and reach new heights and to live life "fully". She really was an achiever, accomplishing more in her short life than most who live many more years, fruitless and complacent. I agree with Bird, live life to the fullest every day. We can certainly take note on how Carla lived and apply it to our lives. How short life really is. My thoughts go out to her friends and family! She will be remembered!

Giselle said...

This is incredibly sad. I never knew Carla personally, but had raced "against" her, although she was out of site for most of it. I knew of her reputation as an amazing rider, but also as a genuinely kind, fun, happy person. She made a huge impression in her short life. I know her family and friends are missing her deeply...they have my thoughts and prayers. I know that Cinthia is among them.