Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Saturday, September 4, 2010

State Course Training Ride

Sam, Mel, Wein, Teenie and I hit the course this morning pretty hard. We worked on pace line, 30 second pulls, pulling thru and powering the hills.

We studied the course for opportunities and challenges. When to sit and when to stand. We talked tactics. We launched attacks.

We all agreed our skills were much improved from when we came together as TEAM headstrong. We all showed very strong fitness for the upcoming race.

Teenie and I met Perry later for lunch at Chicora Alley. We talked racing and TEAM stuff. Perry is focusing on the USAT National Long Course Tri Championship in Myrtle Beach on Oct 2.

I feel very fortunate to have you guys in my life and be associated with the TEAM. This is a big part of my life and a continual source of joy. I think it has helped me race better but that shrinks in comparison to the happiness it all brings. As LA once wrote, "It ain't about the bike."(or something like that?)

1 comment:

Kristen Weinacker said...

Yes, great preview of the course today. That was fun! We have really gotten a lot stronger as a group riding together as one team. I am much more comfortable riding with you guys. Communication was great. Randall, I remember you telling me at a SCTAC ride, the safest place is to be near your teammates, they aren't going to wreck you!

Thanks for the pull on the last climb up to the finish to simulate the race finish! That was great!

Yes, and it is not about the bike.