Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Vista Grand Prix Crit Columbia, SC

My son Jeffrey wanted to do the race on Sunday. I thought what the heck, since I was already here, I should do the masters race and at least get a good work out. 1k 4 corners and a hill. I am not a crit racer and less a crit racer in pouring rain, so when the guy behind me nicks my wheel from behind in the third corner of the second lap and all I here is this crashing sound. I wonder at that point of the race what am I doing here? So there is this hill. No big deal, but when you have to fly over it 25 times (because someone had to attack almost every time) it starts to hurt. I bit my teeth together and finished the race. 4th overall (+35) and 3rd in my age group (+45). Even received a medal.




7 comments:

Giselle said...

Way to go, Joe! I can relate to not digging crits, especially in the rain, but you're results indicate you may want to try rainy crits more often!

Kristen Weinacker said...

WOW JOE!! Thanks for sharing! That is so awesome! You da man!!

Big Dog said...

First a $20 preme and now a podium........who says you are not a crit racer?

Perry said...

Great job Joe...I think next year you will consistently be "in the hunt".

Anonymous said...

WOW! Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

emily wood said...

I'm continually amazed at what our children bring out in us. Way to go Jeffrey! And great job to you Joe.

Lindsey said...

Great job Joe!!!!!