Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tucson Winter Camp 2013

Thanks to Randall and Teenie for hosting us in Oro Valley for 5 days of great cycling, food, and friendship....

The Beast, the kid, special K, gohardorgohome, lil' engine, DS, T, Lindzanator, Shake&Bake, Sunshine, Em, the Don, Mel, D&J, April, Craig, Deb.... just a great group ...


Let's get a list of comments going...... add yours...

7 comments:

The Hoods said...

We had a great time both on and off the bike. A great opportunity to get to know our TEAM-mates better and get in some great group rides. Thanks Randall and Teenie!!

Sam said...

Awesome, just awesome! What a great, fun group of people we have on this team.

Sunshine said...

Thank you all again for the wonderful week!

I am inspired! I've come out of retirement, renewed my racing license after 5 years off and plan to get to 4 or 5 races between April and October with the team.

If any of you have suggestions about RRs this season that you think might fit my skill set, then please share. I don't Crit so just the tours and RR's interest me at the moment.

I would enjoy nothing more than to attend events where I can help others on the team achieve their goals as well! So if you would like a devoted and tireless domestique for any of your big events then please let me know. My fee is quite reasonable - a hug, a smile and some Tootsie Rolls :)

Absolutely cannot wait to ride with all of you again!

Brian said...

Having "Mr Sunshine" vent his frustration out on Steve, Allen, Hood and I after missing a turn was priceless! That ride hurt, but turned out to be my favorite ride!

Brian said...

Pulling a group of ladies around the Collossal Cave RR course was also a highlight. April got done and said she had never ridden that fast! The look on her face made my day!

April said...

Thank you all for such a wonderful experience at camp! I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people. I left with somany special memories I can't list them all. ....and Brian....holding on to your wheel around the RR course was awesome....you helped give me a confidence in myself I've never felt before!!!!! It totally made my day too!

Unknown said...

Camp was awesome....the place, the people...the food...the things we all got to know about each other.
Thanks for opening your home Maddox and friends to all of us crazy cyclists.
Here's to a Season to remember and friendships that last a lifetime.
D&J