Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mental Technology

Below is an email that my client has given me permission to share with you.  Like George, he is one of the most effective studies I've had the honor to work with.  Your teammate, Samantha is another one.

Please also take the time to watch the exciting YouTube video clip Brent sent.  Quite impressive.  Without sharing personal information about our work together, I will tell you one of my reply to his email was this: Wallow in it!  "We pass through our successes too lightly and too quickly to have them assimilated".  

I am reminded about the initial year I worked with the Hincapie Devo Team.  I asked the first racer I saw after his race "How'd you do?"  He went on to tell me all the things he didn't do right.  I decided I would never ask that question again.  Instead, I ask "Tell me what did you do right?"  I want them thinking about what they DO want, not what they don't.  Our present thoughts determine our future.

I share this with you at the encouragement of Randall.  I offer my knowledge to you, my teammates, should you ever have interest.  It might cost you a glass of wine or lunch, but if you take it and assimilate it, I trust you will have the profound and significant results that me, Randall, and so many have.  Happy pedaling.


From: Brent Bookwalter <brentbookwalter@gmail.com>
Subject: Thank you/update
Date: February 19, 2013 4:56:38 AM MST
To: Christina Maddox <cmaddox@headstrongusa.com>


Hi Christina,

Just wanted to say thanks again for your help earlier this winter.

My season got off to a great start a couple weeks ago.  I won stage 1 at the Tour of Qatar and finished 2nd overall! It had been too long since I had the feeling of crossing the line first.  I think it was even more special because 4 years ago I did this same race it was completely demoralized from it.  I have no doubt that implementing and working on the concepts we discussed went a long way in helping with
those performances so just wanted to again express my appreciation!

here is a video link from the last few kilometers from the race I won.
CLICK HERE FOR UTUBE VIDEO

I hope all is well with you!

Brent

--
Brent Bookwalter

BMC Racing Team
www.brentbookwalter.com

6 comments:

Big Dog said...

If you do not know, Brent is Pro for BMC. Sometimes to us, an expert is someone from 50+ miles away with a brief case. It is easy to overlook a resource that is familiar. I have hundreds experiences(mostly off the bike) like Tour of Qatar that can be attributed to what Teenie has taught me. In fact whatever I have achieved in the past 30 years in biz, sports or relationships has been largely based on her teachings. All meaningful and lasting change starts first on inside and works it's way out.........

Sam said...

Every person is capable of great things. We have the ability to literally astound ourselves, if we can learn some new skills and unlearn some old ones. Teenie has valuable lessons for all of us, and every person on the team should take her up on her offer to teach what she knows. It changed my life.

Larry Ruggiero said...

Wow that was a gritty win-- awesome to know that Brent Bookwalter personally attributes his success to contributions from a TEAMmate!

Jill mcnamara said...

Awesome race to view...Qatar hands out heat and wind and sand...even though terrain is flat it is a climate to contend with from all fronts

I for one will take Teenie up on the headstrong way....much to learn on my end!

joe said...

Awesome Video. By the way he went to the same college (LMC) as Cinthia. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Great reading this and seeing the "mental" toughness in action
Quite a performance in the heat/sand/wind of Qatar!