Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Monday, March 19, 2012

Debbie does Leadville: Taco Stand Classic and other ramblings....

Debbie does Leadville: Taco Stand Classic and other ramblings....: I was talked into doing my first real endurance race a few weeks back. This was a last minute decision, with out any planning on my part. My...

2 comments:

Ray Freeman said...

Debbie....I'm enjoying your posts. Keep em coming. I wanted to throw out a nutrition suggestion for consideration. I used Heed/Perpetuem for two years before someone suggested that I try Infinit: http://www.infinitnutrition.us/

I swear by this stuff for long events. It's much easier to drink. You can set your own level of sweetness, flavor, electrolytes, protein, carbs, etc. I found that it is much easier to drink, is easier on the stomach, and doesn't go sour and ruin water bottles like Perpetuem.

Debbie Gillespie said...

Hey Ray, hope you're healing quickly. Did you use protein in your infinit mixture? I have read a lot of research that supports protein intake during events longer than 3 hours. That's the reason Perpetuem makes your bottles nasty. Perpetuem is only supposed to be good for 4 hours before it begins to spoil, which makes it a bad choice for long races. I have thought about trying some different mixes, but have been afraid to stray away from something that has been working. Maybe I will give it a try. Thanks!!!