Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Friday, March 18, 2011

Tucson Bicycle Classic TT

Never give up accountability for yourself and always prepare perfectly for every race. I have believed and known this for years.

The last weeks, I failed to do both. I omitted a practice race effort at the TT course and let someone tell me what bike to ride(the course was unusual). We took our road bikes and it was disastrous. Twenty eight starters were in my 55+ Cat and 25 were on TT bikes. Four guys beat me that I handily wacked last month at Valley of the Sun. I got 17th.

Teenie held on for 3rd among Masters Women 45+/55+/65 which will likely be combined. However, her time was disappointing in comparison to CAT 4 Women.

On a good note, the 3 day Stage Race got off to a good start with really competitive fields. No less than 6-8 national level competitors in my group. Tracy Perez, the young woman who beat Linz at VOS, won the CAT 3 Women.

Teenie will start the 40 mile RR tomorrow with CAT4 Women and whole field will be about 45 strong. The 65+/70+ males will race with us and they will add about 20 riders to our 26 finishers for a field of nearly 50. The older guys have a half dozen national level competitors as well.

Like VOS last month, this is a big time race!

We'll let you know what happens!

Train hard......RHO is 2 weeks away.


3 comments:

Kristen Weinacker said...

GO RPM AND TEENIE!!! CHAMPIONS RACE WITH CHAMPIONS!!

Kimberly said...

Cheering for you in G'vegas!!

Giselle said...

I hope the rest of the weekend went well for you...I'm looking forward to hearing about it.