Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Monday, March 14, 2011

News from AZ

We are winding down our stay in AZ and it has been great. We hit Madera Canyon for 70 miles on Saturday with Greenville's Dave Lowe. Thirty seven miles out into the wind and uphill and 33 back at 24.4 mph.......crazy ride.

The Tucson Bike Classic is Friday/Sat/Sun. It is a true stage race. Teenie will be racing Open Women 45+.....a neat deal for her. I face a stellar field of about 28 in the 55+ Masters.

We fly back on the 21st.

Great news is we are buying a house out here and already planning a winter camp for 2012. You can not believe how much fun and different the riding is here.

Most of you know, I am coming home facing back surgery. It will happen in April after my last race of the season, Rock Hill. While this will put me out for the racing season, G is going to help me with my come back and I hope to be stronger than ever. I should be riding easy on the street by summer.

Recovery will be my total focus for a while but I hope to be back supporting the TEAM soon. We have great leadership that will pick up in my absence. I know this season is going to be another super year.

Hope to see ya soon and race with you at Rock Hill!!


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Exciting news about the house and winter camp!!!

I know surgery is never fun but with your determination and motivation and "G's" help along with the team's support you will be back in no time!!!!!

See ya soon!!!!

Perry said...

Best of luck all around...I look forward to racing next to you (hopefully) at Rock Hill.

Kimberly said...

I have missed you both! So glad you will be back in Greenville soon! And we will all be with you for your recovery! No fear!

Giselle said...

It'll be great having you guys back in town...

Congrats on the new pad!