Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Monday, March 7, 2011

Final Race for 2011 Greenville Training Series

The day started out with downpours and wind advisory conditions. I was sitting in 1st for the omnium and if I did not show there was a good possibility I would lose it. So out the door I went. Cinthia and Statton showed up as well.
The plan was I would sit on Stratton's wheel as much as possible. Stratton lead the peleton out and I was second wheel. Stratton kept a decent tempo just to keep everyone from being lazy and too fresh of legs trying to protect me. I got word that Cinthia was out due to a flat 2 miles in.
The Second lap Monica attacked on back side by golf course. I took the jump to Bridge up to her and Stratton was in the bridge as well. We were all back together. So before third lap Erin and i decided to work together and jump on golf course hill on 3rd lap. I went up and told Stratton our plan and for her to stall pack when we attacked.
We are now going on third lap and Stratton is in front. We make the turn and a few riders start passing on downhill. Erin took jump on golf course hill and I was on her wheel. Three others came with us. At this point the temp had dropped from 59 to 47 degrees and rain was hitting us so hard i thought it was sleeting. We started rotating thru and Stratton was doing a great job holding the peleton back. We came around for forth lap and Papa said 1 lap to go!! Music to my ears that he shortened our race. From there the charge was on. We picked up the pace. After golf course hill we were down to 3: Erin, Monica, and myself. We crossed the railroad tracks and at that point I knew I had the omnium wrapped up and I was just ready to be done. Erin stood up about half mile out and on to the win. I knew Monica was sitting on my wheel but at that point I didn't care I just wanted to get to finish line as soon as possible and get in warm/dry clothes. Naturally she came around and went for second, but at the end of the day my teammates helped me to win my first Greenville training series.

6 comments:

Sam said...

Great racing Linz. You are one tough chica!! Congratulations on your omnium results. I'm really looking forward to racing come crits with you this season.

Kristen Weinacker said...

Sweet write up Linz! Great team effort and congrats on the omnium! What an AWESOME way to start the season off!

Perry said...

A great start to what looks to be a great year for you and the headstrong women...Congrats!

Giselle said...

Congrats on the omnium win, Linz!

There is no question that we had some great results throughout the Spring Series, but results aside, the best thing is that we REALLY do appreciate each other and gel as a TEAM. We can't ALL be at the races ALL the time, but when we are, we know that someone's got our back!

Bird said...

Awesome Lindz.... 9 races in 4 weeks.... and finishing strong... ALOT of impressive results.. AND as G said... great to have a team mates there sharing the race.....

Congrats to G, Cinthia, Sam, Em, Teenie, Strat... I am proud of you all......

Kimberly said...

Way to go, Girls!!