Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The telephone is ringing!

Holy Crap! We are racing in 5 days. Months ago, when Teenie, Linz and I set the goal for Valley of the Sun, it seemed like a great idea. Now, Bird is in. With 5 days to go, there is a little voice in my head saying:
* What were you ever thinking?
* How in the hell do you think you can race 8-9 weeks after surgery?
* Your fitness is crap.
* You can't put the same power out you could last year at this time.
* You are too old for this stuff(I know I never say it, but I think it at times).
* You..................(finish this with every negative thought you can imagine).

You see, I am just like you. In fact, we all have this type thing going at one time or another, when we face big hurdles.

I have no answers for the questions above, no rebuttals for the negative thoughts. I only know one thing to do. Every time I have these thoughts, I am going to place(in my mind) an image of me standing on the podium. I am in my body and what I see is very vivid. Two competitors are next to me. Teenie, Linz and Bird are in the crowd of thousands(well maybe 50-60?). People are cheering. I think to myself, "Dude, you are a winner!" I know in my heart I am a winner even if I don't make the podium.

The GTS is two weeks out and for many of you, "the telephone is ringing". Pick it up.......and remember that, "Dude(or Dudette), you are a winner!" Hold this thought even if you don't get to the podium.

What are your plans for the GTS? Which races are you in? What are your weather contingencies? What are your goals? Are you talking to your team mates to know their goals? Who will you be racing with in which races? Remember that your current thoughts determine your future.

Teenie and I will see you at Fork Shoals, Week 2 of the GTS!




2 comments:

Giselle said...

I just got back from Crested Butte, and will be contacting the ladies...so check your email this morning ladies! Can you believe it's already the Spring Series??!!

Perry said...

Good luck to everyone racing in Arizona... Crepe al Lupo!