Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Sunday, February 20, 2011

I say, well done!

WOW. What a great group of people to have on your team. I was all struck by the purple and black as you guys raced your hearts out at the Greenville Spring Series. I had not seen many of you in some time, and I have to say, YOU GUYS ARE FIT!



Giselle gathering the troops before the race to talk strategy and tactics. That large cup of coffee I saw her with helped to perk everyone's mojo up before the race start.

Congrats to everyone for a great race!

In the 4's, Emily finished 2nd for a birthday present to herself. She is the epitome of age is just a number.

Elizabeth would have been right there with her except that she was taken out by a squirrly rider. Heal up quick! We need you!

In the 1, 2, 3's women's event, Team HeadStrong represented with three women finishing in the top 5!

Ray had a 2nd place finish with the help of a lead out from Brian. Brian already has his eye on the Fork Shoals Race which suits his climbing capabilities!

Patrick must be doing something right. After 90 days on a trainer and 3 days of road riding, Patrick stormed the pack with a solid 4th place finish. That titanium clavicle must be less than 2 grams. Next time, request carbon, it weighs less.

On a beautiful day, an AWESOME team named HeadStrong did the Upstate Proud. Forgive me for not including more photos of later races, work was calling my name..................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randall and I are watching from afar. Needless to say, we are extremely proud! Well done TEAM headstrong!

Kimberly said...

So great to hear the awesome reports! I am so proud! I was coaching my daughter's church basketball team Sat. morning, but I was thinking of you all. Looks like my dad will be home from the hospital this week, so hopefully I can find you all this coming weekend! Go TEAM!