Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Battle to the SC State Championship

Over the past two years I have battled illness and burnout. It has been a struggle for me to get back in the "Racing Saddle" because I was not at the level of fitness that I could hang with teammates nor was I mentally ready to handle a training program. But then in January, a former teammate, Debbie Gillespie, put me on one of her mountain bikes and created a monster!!! I tagged along on some of Debbie's "hurt locker" rides and she was a huge help getting me back racing.

Debbie and I have been racing the Southern Classic Mountain Bike Series. Within the series there were 3 key races that the overall accumulated points would crown the SC State Champion. I won the first race in Sumter but 2nd and 3rd place in points were close behind. Then Kendra showed up for the second race and helped put a little distance between 2nd place in points, but It was still a battle leading up to the final race because the 2nd place in points was signed up for the final race as well.  As you can tell from the pictures, the final race was a cold, rainy, muddy day!!! My motocross skills definitely came into play on the slippery terrain. I ended up taking the win that day as well as taking the XC3 SC State Championship title.  I would like to give a big THANK YOU for those of you who have helped me along my journey!!!!

3 comments:

The Hoods said...

I think it's awesome Linz..you seem to have found your nich! Contrats on some great racing!!!!

@sbaker864 said...

Good job. Win as many as you can. Most of us don't win that often, so celebrate those victories.

Sam said...

Mountainbike racing is a blast. I'm thrilled for you that you've found this side of cycling! I hope to be riding in your dust one of these days :)