Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Sunday, May 5, 2013

February in May

Like you, I got up this morning and looked outside.   I put on some shoes and stuck my head out.   The day had lived up to the forecast!

After being off yesterday, I had some energy and I had already decided to go to yoga and, yes, do the thing that terrifies me more than anything in cycling, ride the stationary trainer.

How can time move as slowly as it does when I am on this thing??  I pedal and pedal and look up only to see that 2 minutes have passed.   My legs cry at only a fraction of the watts I put out on the road?

And, sweat.......it pours off me even with the huge ceiling fans pushing air past me.  Today, it is even worse.  The volume and channel selector does not work on the TV and I am stuck on First Baptist of Spartanburg.   The words are displayed for the hearing impaired(me being one).   Let me tell you, this does not make the time pass.

Still, I spin.   I am a little jazzed as the Foundation Pro Cycling Team has just left after a 3 day stay.   The Hoods housed 3 of them and we put up 4.   They were here for USA Crit Speed Week.....7 crits in 9 days.

Also, our daughter and grandson were here.......lots of cycling talk!

After the hour on the trainer, or day and half it seemed, Teenie and I went to yoga.  Upon returning, my thoughts wandered the the Surgeon General.   He once told the American public that 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week was adequate exercise.   Today was very easy rainy day and I just did 2.5 hours.   That makes me good for 10-12 days, I guess.

Right now, I am looking at the Weather Channel on iPhone for the hundredth time today.   Will SCTAC get rain on Tuesday night?  How about Tsali next weekend?  We can only hope for better weather.

See ya out there.

 

No comments: