Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 1 - Masters Nats

Bend, Oregon - Teenie and arrived late afternoon and things looked familiar in downtown (see pic).  We headed for the house, unloaded, turned on the AC and jumped back in the car.  By 5:30, we were eatin' some good Mex food at El Jimador in downtown.

Town is really busy.......seems cool.  I gauge that by the fact that I saw a lot of people with tattoos and body piercings.  There was also one large woman smoking a short cigar.

After dinner, we hit Safeway for two carts full of stuff.  Linz confirmed our first setback, the bikes won't be here until Monday.   Linz had tracked them and we were pretty sure they were going to cram a 7 day delivery into 4 day promise.

Back at the house, it was 80F when we rolled in.  Air coming out of vents was not cool!  After fiddling with it, I called the owner.   I found out WE HAVE NO AIR CONDITIONING.  We have windows and 2 fans.   A second set back.   I went over this house, prior to renting, with a fine tooth comb.  It is the 21st century.   I never ask about AC!  Oh well.

Tomorrow, we have a busy day planned and we are both beat.   The groceries are up.  I am going to stand in front of the refrigerator and look at some of them, an old trick (to cool off) I learned when I was I kid.  This time, my Mom won't be around to yell at me.  Also maybe a cold shower will help?

No comments: