Team headstrong will enter 2014 under 2 new teams, Greenville Velo (out of Greenville, SC) and Maddog83 (out of Tucson, Az).. It has been a great 4 years of racing, companionship, and community. We have accomplished some great things, but like all things, time moves on and so will we. See below for more details......

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

SC State RR

There are as many perspectives on Sunday as there are people who were there. I would love to hear your perspective.

To me, it was a great TEAM day. Sure, we got 5 State Championship and there are a hundred race tales to tell.

Some of the heroes, were not on the podium. Randy McDougald finished in the main field in his first race ever for the TEAM. Mel stayed on 1.5 laps and continues to improve. Tom proved he is coming back. Hell, Wein came out in the billion degree heat just to cheer us on! Bird left his family setting at Lake Toxaway to ride and he isn't even a SC resident.......just came to help his team mates! Brian and Ray spilled their guts but settled for 9th........just wait, these guys are winners through and through. Joe sluffed off being one place out the money and in his very positive way, just looked forward to better results ahead! G and Stratton did their best in supporting roles and it was good enough to help put Cin on the podium.

Joe also pointed out the difference between the Men's Masters Team last year and this........I agree, it is huge.

Lessons were learned.

For me personally......I am not George Hincapie, Sunday was not the Paris Rubaiux, and I haven't wanted to win this since I was 13 years old. I HAVE wanted it for 5 years. I have raced hard for 5 years. My preparation was perfect.......being prepared creates confidence.

The most important thing I will take from Sunday, is that my heart was fierce. I was not reckless but neither was I afraid.......that is, afraid of failure or afraid to take a chance. In cycling, this is not something I have mastered but something I will. It felt very good on Sunday and I will hold onto that feeling.

Thanks for all your support and participation.

Oh, yes. The results are in the column on the left of this Blog.

3 comments:

Kristen Weinacker said...

The essence of this TEAM is beautiful! I was proud to watch everyone succeed in their individual, yet collective way. I am very proud of you Randall, 5 years in the making. You prepared perfectly. Take this confidence and bottle it up. You are a fierce racer. Kill it in NC!

emily wood said...

Congratulations Randall on your win, but also on achieving something you've worked so hard for. That's something special.

Kimberly said...

I am simply proud to be a part of an awesome group of people!